The town of Brinewall is currently a ruin, but it has been cleared of threats. The town itself contains the ruins of a barracks, smithy, 3 houses, a temple of desna, a glassworks, a store, a waterfront, a tavern and a stable. The tavern and stable have been burned to the ground by heroes of Sand Points North but all the other buildings count as ruins and thus can be rebuilt at half cost should anyone invest the initial funds to rebuild the town itself. In addition, a cemetery and the castle itself can be restored with only the initial time and effort to reestablish the city of Brinewall.
Brinewall Castle has been cleared of its demonic overlord, Kikonu, and its dead restored to peace. The castle itself is in surprisingly good condition considering the years of misuse, but still requires someone to reestablish the town of Brinewall before it can be completely sorted out again.
Founded in 4665, Brinewall was a major trading port between Magnimar and the Land of the Linnorm Kings. However, the town and castle inhabitants disappeared in circumstances unknown in 4687. All expeditions to discover the truth prior to the heroes of Sand Points North ended in failure.
In Calistril, 4715 AR, Brinewall was liberated from its conqueror. The heroes discovered that it had become the home of the Oni named Kikonu. While the heroes of Sand Points North do not know his exact origins, upon Brinewall’s liberation, they were granted visions (to be detailed elsewhere).
The Brinwall Legacy
During the liberation of Brinewall, the heroes discovered a number of clues to the castle’s demise, a mystery that has fascinated, and eluded, historians and fortune seekers for decades.
- Bloodstains, rusted arrows and dropped and ruined longbows indicating a great battle.
- Documents, maps and troop listings dating to the night Brinewall was attacked. A note indicating that several buildings dockside buildings had caught fire and the guards believed the locals were rioting.
- Terrible gouges along the walls of the ballroom, accompanied by massive bloodstains, indicate something with great power, possibly wielding a massive axe or similar weapon assaulted the interior of the castle.
- A letter in the captain’s office indicating a hasty, and unfinished, last log entry of a night assault by men dressed in dark robes.
- Skeletons preserved in the dungeon show that their limbs and heads were removed by a sharp weapon, there is no sign of their skulls.
- A child’s skeleton found beneath a stack of fallen wood near a child’s scribbled drawings of ninjas with throwing stars, bird-headed men and lumbering giants wielding axes.
- The entrance to the vaults was haunted, though put to rest by the death of Kikonu, the heroes were granted a vision of the final stand of the castle’s desperate guardians, one of whom wore a dark blue armband over his shoulder, which depicted a dark blue moon eclipsing another.